Barq's Root Beer
Released January, 2011
The Pros:Has a unique flavor to it. Has bite. Widely available.
The Cons:May be too harsh for some. Some will not like the unique flavor. Not nearly as good as A&W, Mug and Hires.
Barq's Famous Olde Tyme Root Beer is a brand of root beer most notable for having the popular tagline "Barq's has bite". It was the first root beer in north america to not contain caffeine and is sold by it's parent company Coca-Cola .
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
It's said to have a more "rooty" taste to it when compared to other root beer on the market. It's also not as carbonated as other root beer on the market and pours very smoothly out of the can. Regular Barq's has 22.5 mg of caffeine per 12 ounce serving (similar to green tea), while Diet Barq's has no caffeine.
- Barq's Famous Olde Tyme Root Beer. Available caffeine-free in areas distributed by Swire Coca-Cola, such as Utah, as well as other markets nationwide [but unless otherwise stated, has caffeine].
- Diet Barq's, which contains no caffeine. Available in Root Beer and Vanilla Cream.
- Barq's Red Crème Soda
- Barq's French Vanilla Crème Soda
- Barq's Floatz, which is designed to taste like a root beer float
- J & J Snack Foods Corporation licenses the brand name for Barq's Floatz ice cream squeeze tubes.
User Reviews (4)
Has a unique flavor to it
Great for making ice cream floats
may be too harsh for some
Some will not like the unique flavor
Not nearly as good as A&W, Mug and Hires
Overhyped when first introduced
You may also like...